Mary Stewart says that a creative person can make more connections if they have a wide range of interests. This definitely applies to me! When I took a interest evaluation as part of a career assessment, the counselor interpreting the results said he had never seen results quite like mine, because I had very high scores in multiple of the six interest areas. (One result that stands out head and shoulders above the rest is more typical).
Something I'd love to do, but less the ability/resources to do, would be to create a piece of art based on a genetic algorithm. Genetic algorithms--a process also created by interdisciplinary interest--combines computer coding with a form of evolution. It creates possible solutions to a problem as a string of characters, similar to DNA, tests each one regarding how good a solution it is, and then mates usually the two best results, recombining them and allowing random mutation. This is usually used for designing things such as antennas, mirrors for solar collectors, scheduling software.
No comments:
Post a Comment